Need inspiration for a tasty homemade holiday gift? This dark chocolate holiday bark packed with gingersnaps, ginger, pretzels, caramels, pistachios and cranberries has got something in it for everyone to enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup crumbled gingersnaps
1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
1/4 cup crumbled salted pretzels
1/4 cup roughly chopped soft chewy caramels
1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 pound good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped (at least 70%)
1 ounce white chocolate, melted
1. Line a 9 x 13 inch metal baking pan with parchment paper so it overhangs the ends.
2. Combine gingersnaps, crystallized ginger, pretzels, caramels, pistachios and cranberries, and set aside.
3. Place dark chocolate in heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat.
4. Pour chocolate onto the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with gingerbread mixture. Drizzle melted white chocolate over bark. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
5. Remove from pan and peel off the parchment paper. Break the bark into pieces. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Substitute your favourite nuts and dried fruit for the pistachios and cranberries if desired.