Bacon Ice Cream Sundae
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4-8 servings
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup heavy creamBacon Brittle
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
2 strips baconIce Cream
1 litre ice cream (vanilla, food quality if you can)
1 cup chopped bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1. Place the sugar and water in sauce pan, heat on medium to high heat until mixture starts to darken.
2. When golden colour is achieved add butter and cream.
3. With wooden spoon stir and remove from heat. Continue to stir until smooth texture.
4. Pour into heat proof container to cool.Bacon Brittle
1. Place sugar and water in sauce pan and heat on medium to high heat until dark colour is achieved. This will take about four to five minutes.
2. When the mixture reaches an amber colour remove from heat and pour out on a non-stick baking sheet.
3. In a frying pan place bacon chunks into a pan and cook until bacon is crispy.
4. When done strain out bacon from fat. Save the fat. Pour bacon bits onto cooked sugar.
5. When completely cool and firm break into pieces and place into food processer.
6. Blitz the brittle until small granules.Ice Cream
1. Place the ice cream and bacon into mixing bowl with brown sugar and salt. Mix well.
2. Add in some of the cooled bacon fat (amount depends on what you feel is necessary, but why not use all of it?).
3. When done, place in freezer to firm up.
4. Assembly: Scoop ice cream into balls. Roll in bacon brittle and coat completely. Place in serving bowl. Adding caramel and whip cream is also an option.