Baked BBQ Sausage
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
12 fresh, large-size dinner sausages
2 onions, sliced
2 cup ketchup
2 cup water
¼ cup vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Add raw sausages and onions; boil for approximately 3-4 minutes.
3. For the sauce, use a separate mixing bowl and stir in ketchup, vinegar, water, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper (cayenne pepper optional).
4. Remove onions and sausages from stove and strain.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Brown the sausages for several minutes in a frying pan to give it a nice meaty texture and colour.
7. Put browned sausage in a roaster pan and pour the sauce on top of them.
8. Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes.
9. Sausages are best served with mashed potatoes and turnips.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site