Baked BBQ Sausage
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 12
These juicy, flavourful sausages baked in the oven make for a warm and hearty meal.
You Gotta Eat Here!
12 fresh, large-size dinner sausages
2 onions, sliced
2 cup ketchup
2 cup water
¼ cup vinegar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Add raw sausages and onions; boil for approximately 3-4 minutes.
3. For the sauce, use a separate mixing bowl and stir in ketchup, vinegar, water, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper (cayenne pepper optional).
4. Remove onions and sausages from stove and strain.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Brown the sausages for several minutes in a frying pan to give it a nice meaty texture and colour.
7. Put browned sausage in a roaster pan and pour the sauce on top of them.
8. Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes.
9. Sausages are best served with mashed potatoes and turnips.