Black Cod Ratatouille En Papillote
- prep time30 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
Chuck’s tender and flaky black cod, cooked in parchment paper with zucchini, tomato and red pepper topped with a light herb salad.
2 lb(s) black cod (675 g), skinned
1 onion, finely sliced
2 eggplants, finely sliced
1 zucchini, finely sliced
1 yellow zucchini, finely sliced
1 tomato, finely sliced
2 Tbsp of olive oil (30 ml)
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 sprig fresh thyme
2 Tbsp of butter (30 ml), cubed
Sea salt and pepperHerb Salad
Bunch of basil, picked
Bunch of chives, cut in 1-inch sticks
Bunch of parsley leaves
Bunch of celery leaves
Bunch of chervil leaves
Bunch of dill, coarsely chopped
1 tsp white balsamic (5 ml)
1 tsp olive oil (5 ml)
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
2. Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper that is about 2 inches wider than the tray on each side (to wrap up the fish completely). Tightly line the vegetable slices to accommodate the length of the fish in an alternating pattern. Season the slices with salt and pepper. Lay the black cod on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Garnish with the red pepper, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Add the butter on top.
4. Bring up each side of the parchment paper to the center and make small folds downwards, creating a secure bundle. Crimp the ends and twist to seal the fish and ratatouille inside.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until flaky.Herb Salad
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Transfer the papillote to a serving plate. With a knife, cut the paper to open the papillote and garnish with the herb salad.