Blue Cheese-Crusted Filet Mignon
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 4 six-ounce filet mignons
Salt and pepper
8 oz blue cheese
2 slices whole grain bread, cubed
Half stick butter
2 sprig fresh rosemary
Fresh ground pepperPan Sauce
1 cup red wine
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the filets and rub with olive oil. Place in the hot pan and sear for 1 minute on each side.
4. Place on a cooling rack fitted over a baking sheet. Reserve the pan.
5. Puree the blue cheese, bread, butter, rosemary and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
6. Pack blue cheese crust onto the tops of the filets and bake in oven until meat is medium-rare, about 8-10 minutes.
7. The meat and crust may be prepared in advance, refrigerated, then baked just before serving. If so, add a little more baking time.Pan Sauce
1. Add the wine to the searing pan over medium-high heat.
2. Scrape loose the brown bits and reduce the wine to a syrup-like consistency.
3. Whisk in the cream and continue to reduce until the mixture thickens to a sauce like consistency.
4. Season and serve with the filets.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site