- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6 to 8 servings
8 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
1 splash water
1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
1 ½ cups your favourite cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF and turn on your convection oven if you have one.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, cheese and salt together and set aside.
3. Trim the broccoli, toss it with 2 tablespoons of water and place in large plastic container, cover it and microwave it on high until tender, about 2 minutes. Alternatively steam it on the stovetop.
4. Toss the bacon and a splash of water into a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon. As the water simmers the bacon will begin to cook. Then as the water evaporates the bacon will render, releasing its fat. Lastly it will crisp as the fat left behind heats past the boiling point of water into the brown flavour zone. Strain the crisp bacon and stir it into the eggs along with the cooked broccoli. Leave some of the rendered bacon fat in the pan and discard or reserve the rest for another use.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan. Stir the mixture until large curds form and roughly half of the mixture seems set, 3 minutes or so. Stop stirring but let the pan stay on the heat helping the bottom crust form and se, a minute or so. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until lightly browned, cooked and firm, about 15 minutes. Carefully flip onto a plate, divide and share.