Camembert Feuilletee with Apricot Syrup and Pistachios
- prep time1 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
The only thing better than fruit and cheese is phyllo wrapped fruit and cheese!
15 dried apricots, small dice
½ cup apricot nectar
2 Tbsp apricot jam
½ cup Camembert, rind removed
1 vanilla bean
3 sheet Phyllo pastry
¾ cup raw sugar
¾ cup water
Sea saltShikaffing it Together
¾ cup pistachios
Small pinch of cayenne pepper
Large pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Bring the water and raw sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Add the dried apricots and reduce the heat to medium-low.
3. Add apricot nectar, apricot preserves, vanilla bean, and cinnamon. Allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, until reduced.
4. Remove from heat and strain to separate the apricot pieces from the syrup. Discard vanilla bean.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Brush sheets of Phyllo pastry with unsalted butter. Cut sheets into 3-inch wide strips.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of camembert and 1 teaspoon of apricot pieces to each strip of Phyllo pastry. Fold the Phyllo over the filling so that the bottom edge meets the side edge to form a triangle. Continue to fold the triangle sideways and upward to the end of the strip. Fold the end flap over to seal.
8. Place triangles on baking sheet.
9. Brush lightly with more melted butter and bake for 18 minutes.Shikaffing it Together
1. Roughly chop the pistachios, sea salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor.
2. Cut the pastries into halves, drizzle them with apricot syrup and sprinkle them with crushed pistachios.