- serves 0
3 Tbsp butter
2 leeks, green top removed, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly diced
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs thyme
½ cup white wine
1 celeriac, peeled, roughly diced
1 potato, peeled, roughly diced
6 cup vegetable stock
1 cup 35% cream
pinch fresh nutmeg
¼ cup sour cream
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds for garnish
salt and pepper
1. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a pot over medium heat.
2. Once butter has melted, place leeks, onion, bay leaves and thyme in pot, stir until onions are translucent.
3. Add white wine and reduce liquid by 2/3.
4. Add celeriac and potato, stir.
5. Add vegetable stock, bring up to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Cook until celeriac is tender, approximately 35-40 minutes.
7. Transfer mixture into a food processor, puree until smooth.
8. Stir in cream and remaining tablespoon of butter.
9. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
10. To serve, garnish with sour cream and black sesame seeds.