Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas with Smashed White Beans, Corn Salsa, and Tomato Watermelon Salsa
- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
Spicy chicken and cheese quesadillas served with three unique salsas from Roger Mooking.
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
3 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
2 chipotle peppers in canned adobo sauce, chopped
2 Tbsp adobo sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp molasses
5 sprig of thyme, tied with string
3 cup cups chicken, shredded
salt and pepperSmashed White Beans
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ onion, diced
2 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh sage, roughly chopped
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed (340 g)
½ tsp chipotle chili powder
salt and pepperCorn Salsa
3 cobs corn, husked
¼ medium red onion, diced
1 small red pepper, seeded and diced
½ English cucumber, seeded and diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
¼ bunch cilantro, stems finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
1 tsp olive oil
saltTomato Watermelon Salsa
4 plum tomatoes, seeds removed seeded and diced
1 cup watermelon, diced
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 Tbsp cilantro stems and leaves, chopped
salt and pepperAssembly
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 pkg soft tortilla shells
1 wheel wheel of Brie, cut into long pieces (8-10 oz)
2 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1. Heat oil in a large cast iron pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, once golden brown add garlic and stir.
2. Add ground coriander, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cider vinegar and molasses, stir until incorporated.
3. Add thyme and shredded chicken to mixture, stir, season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.Smashed White Beans
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat, add onions and garlic, cook until tender and translucent.
2. Add sage, stir to incorporate then add white beans. Cook together until beans are warmed; remove from heat, smash with potato masher or fork.
3. Season with chipotle chili powder, salt, pepper, set aside.Corn Salsa
1. Preheat Grill.
2. Place corn on grill and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until corn is tender and charred.
3. Cut kernels off cobs of corn and place in a bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients, toss and set aside.Tomato Watermelon Salsa
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss and set aside.Assembly
1. Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan or large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Place desired combinations of Smashed White Bean, Chipotle Chicken and cheeses on half of tortilla.
3. Fold tortilla over and place in heated pan, flip once crispy and golden, repeat to other side.
4. Remove from pan and enjoy with Tomato Watermelon Salsa, Corn Salsa and Watermelon Mint Drink.