Chocolate Salami (by the SugarStars)
- prep time 20 min
- total time 620 min
- serves NULL
100 g unsalted butter
180 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
100 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
80 g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
80 g condensed milk
65 g coconut
150 g tea biscuits, crumbled
80 g currants
80 g raisins
45 g rum
icing sugar to dust
1. Combine tea biscuits, currants, raisins and rum in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Over a double boiler, melt butter, semi and bittersweet chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Add icing sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, condensed milk and coconut to the chocolate mixture. Stir until combined.
4. Add the tea biscuit mixture and continue stirring.
5. Pour the mixture onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Using your hands, begin to shape the chocolate into a log. Use the foil to roll and wrap the log into a salami shape. Twist the ends and place in your fridge to chill over night.
6. Once the Salami has set, dust a countertop or cutting board with icing sugar. Remove the Salami from the foil and roll in the icing sugar until fully coated. Dust off excess, slice and serve.