Clams Casino with Spicy Chorizo
- prep time 10 min
- total time 37 min
- serves 3
3 large Bar clams
1 heads romaine lettuce, chopped crosswise into 1” strips
2 shallots, finely diced
½ cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup chorizo sausage, casing removed, crumbled
2 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
½ cup white wine
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp thyme, chopped
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. In a large pot steam bar clams with 2 cups of salted water. Cover pot and steam for about 10-15 minutes until clams open. Remove meat form the shell and coarsely chop. Reserve the shells.
2. In a saucepot, heat the cream with the chopped shallots. Cook shallots for 2 minutes tender. Add the romaine hearts. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté the onion and garlic with butter over medium heat. Add the chorizo, clams and tomatoes and deglaze with white wine. Cook mixture for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Toss the breadcrumbs, cheese, thyme, parsley and together.
5. To assemble, put the creamed romaine in bottom of each shell, spoon the hot clam filling over top and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture to cover the shell. Place shells on baking sheet and broil until browned.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site