- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
2 young coconuts (or 1 L young coconut juice)
1 cup (250 mL) simple syrupPandanus Jelly
2 cup (500 mL) frozen pandanus leaves, chopped across the grain into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cup (500 mL) simple syrup
4 sheet gelatin
1 drop jasmine extractPassionfruit Purée
500 g Boiron passionfruit purée
2 tsp (10 mL) agar powder
100 g simple syrupFruit (any tropical fruit of your choice will do.) Chef Angus suggests:
ripe mango, diced into 1 cm pieces
sour mango, diced into 1 cm pieces
jackfruit, diced into 1 cm pieces
ripe passionfruit, diced into 1 cm pieces
lychees, diced into 1 cm pieces
watermelon, diced into 1 cm pieces
palm seeds (canned), diced into 1 cm pieces
young coconut meat, diced into 1 cm pieces
1. Crack open the young coconuts and extract the water and meat. Dice the young coconut meat and reserve.
2. Mix the coconut water with simple syrup and churn in an ice cream machine for 6 minutes.
3. Freeze for 2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, use a fork to scrape the ice and create “snow”.Pandanus Jelly
1. Blanch pandanus leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, then stop the cooking by dunking them in a bowl with cold water and ice. Drain leaves and squeeze them to remove the extra water. Combine leaves and simple syrup and mix in a blender until fine. Set aside for 10 minutes to let the color mature.
2. In the meantime, bloom the gelatin sheets in cold water. Strain the pandanus leaf mixture and add the jasmine extract. Discard pulp and reserve strained syrup. Place the bloomed gelatin sheets in a large stainless steel bowl and melt the gelatin over direct heat. Whisk in the pandanus/jasmine syrup into the melted gelatin. Reserve 500 mL and set aside in the fridge to set as jelly. Once jelly is set, dice into 1 cm cubes.Passionfruit Purée
1. Cook the passionfruit purée with agar until it thickens. Let cool until set. Once cooled (should be solidified), use a hand blender to blend with simple syrup until a ketchup-like consistency is achieved.Fruit (any tropical fruit of your choice will do.) Chef Angus suggests:
1. Mix all fruit together except watermelon and passionfruit. Cover with simple syrup and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To serve: In a bowl, spread a small dollop of passionfruit puree, and place a scoop of coconut snow on top. Scatter with pandanus jelly cubes and a couple of spoonfuls of fruit. Serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site