- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 20
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
20 raw shrimp (16 to 20 per lb), shelled
20 wood skewers, about 15 cm (6 inches) long
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oil in the fryer to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
2. In a deep plate or shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt and cayenne. Season with pepper. Place the eggs in another bowl and the coconut in a third.
3. Thread 1 shrimp on each skewer.
4. Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture and shake to remove any excess. Dip in the beaten eggs then roll in the coconut, pressing firmly.
5. Fry half the shrimp at a time until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on the paper towels.
6. Serve immediately.