Colourful Iridescent Fudge Brownies
- prep time15 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 0
It's nearly impossible to say no to these delicious and colourful fudge brownie treats!
1 cup unsalted butter
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup flour
1 tsp salt
coloured fondant, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Set aside.
4. Over a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate. Remove from heat. Once cooled, add both white and brown sugar then whisk in vanilla and eggs, 4 at a time.
5. Once combined, fold in flour mixture. Do not over mix.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating pan half way through.
8. Allow brownies to cool. Cut brownies into squares using a cookie cutter.
9. Roll out fondant to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut fondant into squares using the same cookie cutter and brush a thin layer of apricot jelly to stick the fondant to the surface of the brownies. Brush with edible luster dust, available at baking supply stores, to create an iridescent effect.