- serves 28
2 cup all-purpose flour
tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
3. Cover the batter and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oil, setting the deep fryer to high.
5. Using two spoons scoop up about 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of batter and shape it into a ball. Drop it into the hot oil. Fry several balls at once until golden brown on both sides; the balls will turn on their own when done on one side. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with icing sugar.