Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
¼ cup (60 ml) flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cup (375 ml) bread crumbs
1 lb. (454 gms) mozzarella cheese, cut in sticks of ½ in. (1 cm) X 3 ½ in. (9 cm) in length
3 Tbsp (45 ml) chilli powder
½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
1. First take all your ingredients out to get set up.
2. Put the flour in a first bowl, the eggs in a second and the bread crumbs and the chilli powder in a third.
3. Dip the sticks in flour, then in the eggs. Shake well to remove the excess then roll in the bread crumbs.
4. Again, put the sticks in the eggs and then in the bread crumbs.
5. In a large, non-adhesive frying pan, brown half the cheese sticks in ¼ cup (60 ml) of oil.
6. Clean the frying pan and brown the remaining sticks in the remaining oil. Sprinkle with pepper.
7. Serve Immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site