Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Pepper Coulis
- serves 0
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup diced onion
2 ½ cup diced red bell pepper
¾ cup dry white wine
2 sprig fresh thyme
2 sprig fresh oreganoGoat Cheese Gnocchi
4 oz fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
3 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
2 eggs, separated
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1. For pepper coulis, heat a saucepot over medium heat and add oil.
2. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add peppers and sauté 3 minutes more.
3. Add wine, thyme and oregano and simmer, covered, until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and puree until smooth. Strain, season and set aside.Goat Cheese Gnocchi
1. For gnocchi, beat goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in green onion, parsley, lemon zest and egg yolks until smooth. Fold in flour.
2. Whip whites with salt to soft peaks and fold into goat cheese mixture in 2 additions.
3. Bring 4 L water to a boil and salt generously.
4. Cut dough into 2 pieces.
5. Roll out first piece into a log shape about ¾- inch in diameter and cut into ½ inch pieces.
6. Place on a floured tray and repeat with the second piece of dough. Drop gnocchi into water and simmer until they float, about 3 minutes.
7. Gently remove with a slotted spoon and set on a plate.
8. To serve, heat pepper coulis and spoon into a flat-bottomed bowl. Gently place warm gnocchi on top and serve.