Goat Cheese Ricotta Gnocchi with Garden Zucchini Tomato Sauce and Crisp Prosciutto
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves NULL
1 ½ lb. fresh goat milk ricotta
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour, or as needed
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ Tbsp freshly grated nutmegZucchini Tomato Sauce
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Spanish onion, chopped in 1/4 inch dice
4 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 28 oz can peeled whole tomatoes, finely chopped
¼ cup basil leaves, finely chopped
Salt, to tasteProsciutto Crisps
6 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
1. Place the ricotta in a fine sieve over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the drained ricotta and eggs together. Mix in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg together gently until soft dough forms. Add a little more of the flour if the dough is too sticky.
3. To form the gnocchi, dip 2 tablespoons in cool water. Using 1 spoon, scoop up a heaping tablespoon of the ricotta mixture and use the other spoon to form it into a smooth, pointed oval ball. Place the gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently slip gnocchi into boiling water, stirring gently with a slotted spoon. Cook until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 5 minutes. Scoop them out with the spoon. Drain and add to the pan with the zucchini tomato sauce, tossing gently 1 minute to coat. Top with crisp prosciutto and serve immediately.Zucchini Tomato Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the zucchini and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
3. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until sauce thickens. Add basil and season with salt and serve.Prosciutto Crisps
1. Preheat oven to 400.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site