Gourmet Loaded Fries
- prep time25 min
- total time 75 min
- serves 3 - 4
This dish is served with sirloin steak, Gorgonzola and Hunter sauce.
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
1 package Oven Crisp® Straight Cut Fries (900g)
2 cups Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
¾ lb(s) sirloin steak, grilled to liking and sliced
½ tsp coarse or sea salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
½ tsp garlic powderHunter Sauce
2 slices bacon, chopped
2 onions, chopped
4 cups mushrooms, chopped
½ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
½ tsp thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
2 cups red wine
2 cups beef broth
3 Tbsp sour cream
1. Heat oven to 450°F.
2. Place Oven Crisp® Straight Cut Fries on a non-stick baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Turn over and bake another 8-10 minutes or until desired crispness.
4. Season steak with cracked black pepper, salt and garlic powder.
5. Cook on a grill (or in a frying pan) until desired doneness. Note: approximately 10 to 12 minutes cooking time reaching an internal temperature of 130-135˚F for medium.
6. Cut steak into thin strips or cubes.Hunter Sauce
1. In a medium sized stock pot on a stovetop, over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onions in the olive oil until bacon is slightly browned and onions are soft. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown.
2. Drain any liquid and add tomato paste, thyme and parsley. Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomato paste dissolves.
3. Add red wine and beef broth and cook allowing mixture to reduce and thicken (approximately 15 minutes).
4. Stirring frequently, add sour cream and cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce fully re-heats.
5. Sauce is ready. Reduce heat to low or remove from stove top. Note: Can be made in advance and held on the stove top over low heat (simmer) or made and re-heated in the microwave when needed.
6. Plating: Remove Oven Crisp® Straight Cut Fries from oven, divide into three and place on separate dinner plates. Evenly distribute steak pieces or cubes evenly over the fries. Top with crumbled Gorgonzola, ensuring as much surface area is covered as possible. Then add the Hunter sauce with a ladle (to your desired amount).