- prep time10 min
- total time 26 min
- serves 12
Chuck Hughes' homemade tortillas are not only the tastiest tortillas you'll ever have, they're fun to make!
2 cup of very fine corn flour (Masa Harina)
1 ½ cup water
1 tsp of salt
1. Mix flour, salt and water together; knead to form the dough.
2. Pinch off a golf-ball sized piece of dough and use your hands to flatten into a round shape.
3. Set the dough on a piece of plastic and cover with another piece of plastic. Use the back of a heavy cast iron pan to flatten the dough.
4. Transfer the tortilla to a hot, dry skillet.
5. Cook for about 30 seconds on each side. Remove and keep the tortilla warm.
6. Cook's note : If you have a tortilla press, use it instead of the cast iron pan.