King Oyster Bruschetta
- serves 0
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 bunch green onion, white bottoms and green tops separated and chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp thyme, leaves picked
4 king oyster mushrooms, large dice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
½ cup goat cheese
1 baguette, cut into 1 inch slices and lightly toasted
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to broil and prepare a tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium to high heat.
3. Add whites of green onions, garlic and thyme, sauté until light golden brown.
4. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
5. Add soy sauce and continue to cook until liquid for 1 minute.
6. Add chopped green onion tops, season with salt and pepper, remove from heat.
7. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
8. Add goat cheese to mushroom mixture, mix to incorporate.
9. Place baguette slices on lined baking tray and spoon mixture on bread slices, broil in oven until cheese has softened, approximately 3 minutes.