Directions for: Lamb Burger
Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
cup onions, finely diced
Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
cup grainy Dijon
tsp black pepper
lemon, zest and juice
cup Panko breadcrumbs
lb(s) ground fresh lamb
red onion, sliced thickly
red pepper, sliced 1-inch thick
large zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
medium Roma tomaotes, diced 1/2-inch
Tbsp white onion, minced
large leaf basil, chiffonade (sliced very thinly)
tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch sea salt
Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch fresh cracked pepper
Lamb Burger Assembly
hamburger buns brushed with garlic butter
oz container feta cheese
cup tomato bruschetta
1. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly except the lamb.
2. Add the ground lamb and mix until incorporated, but be careful to not over mix.
3. With an ice cream scoop and scale, weigh out 5-ounce patties and form into balls (should make approximately 8 patties).
4. Place on parchment paper approximately 4-inches apart and cover with another sheet of parchment (plastic wrap works as well).
5. Making sure there is enough room in between each patty, find the largest can in your pantry and smash it on the burgers to flatten the patty out to about ¼ -inch thickness.
6. Set burgers aside and refrigerate.
1. Brush sliced vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill vegetables on the BBQ or in the oven until both sides are just starting to wilt.
3. Set cooked vegetable aside.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Set aside in the refrigerator.
Lamb Burger Assembly
1. Cook burgers on griddle or BBQ on medium heat (griddle cooking is preferred by CheeseCurds so that the meat cooks in the fat rather than being burnt off on the BBQ).
2. Once the burger is flipped, put the grilled veggies on to reheat.
3. When the burger is almost done, put your buns on to brown a bit.
4. Remove buns once they are slightly browned, put the grilled veggies on the bottom bun and place the burger patty on top.
5. Spread the hummus on the top bun, place 1 heaping tablespoon of bruschetta on the burger patty, and sprinkle the burger with approximately 1-ounce of crumbled feta.
6. Place a few leaves of arugula, top with bun and serve. Enjoy!