- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves NULL
4 cup riced potatoes
¼ cup heavy cream
¼ cup butter (unsalted)
1 ½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Boil 2.5 lbs peeled potatoes until soft, drain. Put hot potatoes through Ricer.
2. Add cream, butter, salt, & sugar. Beat with a mixer until well mixed.
3. Cool well! (Overnight is best).
4. When cold take 4 cups potatoes and 2 cups flour, mix well with hands until all flour is mixed in. Make a log. Cut pieces about the size of a small bun. Place patty of dough on a pastry cloth, rubbed with flour. Roll with a grooved rolling pin. Turn as you roll using a Lefse stick. Use very little flour. The more flour you use, the dryer the lefse gets.
5. Fry on a hot Lefse grill at 500 degrees. When you start to see brown spots turn the Lefse over and fry on the other side until you see brown spots.
6. When done, place between towels on a rack to cool. When cool, fold and put in plastic wrap or plastic bag. Lefse freezes well.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site