Maple-Baked Apple Bites
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
6 Tbsp icing sugar
6 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Mutsu or Granny Smith apples
½ cup finely chopped pecans
dash ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 225°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk 3 Tbsp icing sugar with 3 Tbsp maple syrup and set aside. Sift remaining 3 Tbsp icing sugar evenly onto lined baking sheets.
3. With a mandolin or other manual slicer cut apples crosswise into paper-thin slices. Arrange apple slices in one layer on sheets and brush with maple syrup mixture.
4. Bake slices for about 2 hours (rotating pans halfway through cooking), or until slices are pale golden and starting to crisp. Brush apple slices with remaining 3 Tbsp syrup and sprinkle with chopped pecans and cinnamon.
5. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Immediately peel apple bites off parchment and cool on a rack.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site