- prep time 0 min
- total time 120 min
- serves 25
1 ½ pounds ground pork
1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
3 cloves of garlic minced
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup grated Romano cheese
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley finely choppedMarinara Sauce
5 medium onions finely diced
5 large cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
½ teaspoon dried red chilli’s
1 large handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
19 ounce cans tomato paste
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1 diced smoked chorizo sausage
100 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoesAssembly
1 bag white cheddar cheese curds
Yukon gold fries (homemade or store-bought)
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Roll the mixture into small meatballs.
3. Put meatballs aside until sauce is ready.Marinara Sauce
1. Saute all of the above ingredients until onions are soft.
2. Add chorizo sausage.
3. Add whole plum tomatoes and crush the tomatoes gently so they are not whole.
4. Bring sauce to a boil and then add in meatballs.
5. Simmer for 2 hours.Assembly
1. Place freshly cooked Yukon gold fries in dish.
2. Top fries with 2 ounces of cheddar cheese curds.
3. Take 3 meatballs from the sauce and place on top of fries.
4. Top the plate with 3-4 ounces of marinara sauce and drizzle with basil oil.
5. Finally dust with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve.