- serves 4
You'll feel like a millionaire with this creamy, ritzy dip, made with lobster meat, spicy salsa, horseradish and cream cheese and served with homemade russet potato chips.
1 whole lobster, meat separated from shell and diced, claw set aside
2 cups cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ cup spicy salsaChips
Vegetable oil, for frying
4 unpeeled russet potatoes, sliced thin
Coarse kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
White truffle oil
1. In a medium bowl mix together all ingredients except the lobster claw. Cover and chill in refrigerator until serving.Chips
1. Slowly preheat oil up to 500ºF in a deep fryer or tall pot only a quarter full. Make sure to use a thermometer.
2. When your potatoes are sliced, place directly into cold water. Remove the slices from water and properly dry them. If you don’t dry them the oil will spit and bubble.
3. In small batches, place chips in oil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove using a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Place the chips in a bowl and toss with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and truffle oil.
4. To serve add the lobster claw into the dip bowl and place the chips around the bowl.