- serves 18
½ lb(s) unsalted butter (225 g)
1 cup brown sugar (189 g)
¾ cup white sugar (159 g)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (15 ml)
2 cup all-purpose flour (296 g)
1 tsp baking soda (5 g)
1 tsp salt (6 g)
5 5 oz toffee chocolate bars, banged on a counter in the wrapper to break into pieces (195 g)
1. Preheat an oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix to comine.
5. Add the toffee chocolate bar pieces to the dough and mix through.
6. Drop ¼ cup mounds of dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving plenty of space for the cookie to spread. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden.
7. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cool before serving.