- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
½ cup toasted Mediterranean Couscous (125 ml)
¼ cup quinoa (60 ml)
1 ½ cups vegetable broth (375 ml)
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into lengthwise thick slices
1 medium red pepper, sliced into thick strips
2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh (30 ml)
1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼ inch thick lengthwise slices
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
1 clove garlic, crushed
Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Rinse quinoa in water. Drain.
2. In a sauce pan, simmer, over low to medium heat the toasted Mediterranean Couscous and quinoa using the 1 ½ cups of vegetable broth. When tender and liquid has evaporated take off heat and set aside to cool.
3. Brush onion, pepper and zucchini lightly with the olive oil and set aside.
4. In a non-stick greased pan, cook onions and peppers skin side down and over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, then reduce heat to low-medium and continue cooking until skin on the peppers start to blister. Drizzle lime juice over cooking vegetables. Turn the peppers and onions and add the zucchini to cook. Allow it to cook for 5 additional minutes and turn the vegetables once more. Add coarse salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine cooked couscous, quinoa and garlic with vegetables and serve.