Red Velvet Cupcakes
- prep time 15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 24
1 ½ cup of sugar (375 ml)
1 ½ cup canola oil (375 ml)
1 cup of plain yogurt (250 ml)
2 Tbsp red food coloring (30 ml)
1 tsp vinegar (5 ml)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
2 ½ cup of flour (625 ml)
1 Tbsp cocoa (15 ml)
1 tsp baking soda (5 ml)
1 tsp salt (5 ml)Icing
2 cup mascarpone (500 ml)
1 cup icing sugar, sifted (250 ml)
½ cup 35% cream (125 ml)
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
2. In a food processor, mix the eggs with the sugar, oil, yoghurt, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Blend until just incorporated.
3. Place cupcake papers into a muffin pan, divide the batter in the cupcake papers, pour only halfway so batter doesn’t overflow, and bake, rotating half way through, for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.Icing
1. In a bowl, beat the mascarpone, icing sugar, cream and lemon zests together until the mixture is smooth.
2. Spoon a dollop of mascarpone cream on the cupcakes.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site