Ricardo Larrivée's Apple Chips
- serves 6
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Paula Red apple
fleur de sel
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 75°C (170°F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and oil lightly.
2. In a bowl, dissolve the sugar in the lime juice and water. Set aside.
3. Using a mandoline, slice the apples into rounds 2 to 3 mm (1/16 inch) thick. Place the slices in the lime juice mixture.
4. Drain, then arrange the apple slices on the baking sheets so they don’t touch. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and, optionally, curry powder.
5. Bake until the apples are dried, about 4 hours. Let cool and carefully peel them off the parchment.
6. Store in an airtight container.
7. *Note: In humid weather, these chips will soften quickly. Return them to the oven as required.