Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 medium beets, peeled and cut in eight wedges
3 Tbsp hazelnut oil
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
20 large pearl onions, peeled
2 Tbsp butter
1 sprig thyme
1 Tbsp maple syrup
125 g of fresh goat cheese (or chèvre des neiges)
¼ cup baby arugula
2 Tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
salt and pepper
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
2. Scatter the beets onto the one sheet of foil. Spoon 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of the hazelnut oil and the vinegar over the beets. Place the pearl onions, butter and thyme onto the other sheet of foil. Season beets and onions with salt and pepper. Close and seal the foil pieces tightly.
3. Place the beet papillote on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the onion papillote and bake both packets for an hour, or until the beets are tender. Open the beet papillote and stir in the maple syrup and the 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of remaining hazelnut oil.
4. Scatter the beets on a serving platter. Add the arugula to the pearl onions. Crumble the cheese and scatter hazelnuts on the salad.
5. Serve as a hot salad with a meat dish.
6. Note Place the foil on a shallow dish to form the papillote without spills.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site