Shrimp and Pork Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Creamed Avocado
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
¾ pound ground pork
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 green chili, chopped
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
15, 21/25 shrimp, shelled, devained and roughly chopped
½ can canned water chestnuts, rinsed, drained and diced
pinch of sugar
2 tablespoons cilantro stems, chopped
zest and juice of 1 lime
3 plum tomatoes, diced
2 green onions, chopped
juice of ½ lime
¼ bunch cilantro, stems chopped, leaves picked
pinch of sugar
2 avocados, roughly chopped
juice of 2 ½ limes
¼ bunch green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup sour cream
saltAssembling Shrimp and Pork Tacos
8 soft tortilla shells, warmed over grill or in microwave for 30 seconds
Shrimp and Pork Filling
cilantro stems with leaves, for garnish
1. In a cast iron pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
2. Place pork in pan, sauté until brown and caramelized.
3. Once pork has browned, add shallots, garlic, and chilies, cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add cumin and smoked paprika, stir.
5. Add shrimp and stir.
6. Once shrimp has turned pink, add water chestnuts and stir.
7. Add sugar, cilantro stems, lime zest and juice, remove from heat.Tomato Salsa
1. Place tomatoes and green onions in a small bowl.
2. Add lime juice, cilantro stems and leaves, mix.
3. Season with sugar and salt.Creamed Avocado
1. Place avocados in a bowl, add lime juice and chopped green onion.
2. Add sugar and sour cream.
3. Mash until mixture is incorporated.
4. Season with salt.Assembling Shrimp and Pork Tacos
1. Place a tortilla shell on a plate.
2. Spoon Pork and Shrimp Filling in centre of taco.
3. Spoon Creamed Avocado and Tomato Salsa over.
4. Garnish with cilantro.