- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
¾ cup whole hazelnuts, peeled, toasted and chopped
¾ cup whole almonds, toasted and chopped
½ cup candied orange peel, chopped
½ cup candied lemon peel, chopped
6 Tbsp Thompson raisins
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
dash of black pepper
1 3/10 cup sugar
7/10 cup honey
3 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF. Butter and line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper, on the sides and the bottom. Butter parchment (or spray with food release).
2. In a large bowl, combine nuts, peel, raisins, flour, cocoa and spices.
3. In pot over medium heat, cook sugar, honey and butter until it reaches a temperature of 245?F (about 8 to 10 minutes). Working quickly, pour syrup over nut mixture, stirring until combined. The panforte stiffens quickly, so immediately spoon mixture into pan and spread to edges of pan.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan completely. Wrap and store at room temperature.
5. Panforte is best served in thin slices (as you would serve fruitcake).
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site