Smoked Salmon Potato Skins
- prep time 10 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 4
1 cup coarsely grated old Cheddar cheese
1 cup coarsely grated Swiss Gruyere
6 ounces cream cheese
¾ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
⅓ cup chopped chivesPotato Skins & Assembly
1 Idaho potato (or reserved skins from Poutine Baked Potatoes)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 slices smoked salmon
chives, for garnish
1. For cheese cream, pulse Cheddar, Swiss and cream cheese in a food processor, scraping down the sides.
2. Add sour cream, paprika and mustard and pulse until smooth.
3. Scrape mixture into a bowl and stir in chives. Chill until ready to serve.Potato Skins & Assembly
1. For potato skins, preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake for about an hour, until tender. Keep oven at 350 °F and cut potato into quarters and scoop out insides, but leaving about a ¼-inch of potato on each skin.
3. Place skins in a baking dish and brush with melted butter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes to brown slightly.
4. Top each with a spoonful of cheese cream then a slice of smoked salmon. Garnish with a fresh chive and serve.