Spaghetti Carbonara with Prawns
- prep time 1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 3-4
6 strips of bacon
2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
1 lb. spaghetti (450 grams)
2 cup whipping cream
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Large frozen pre-cooked shrimps or prawns. (5 per serving. Multiply to correspond with yield.)
1. Cut each strip of bacon into 8 pieces.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl and season with freshly grated pepper.
3. Peel and mince cloves of garlic.
4. Boil water in a large pot, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti. (Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.)
5. While spaghetti is cooking, partially fry bacon in a small pan until bacon fat is rendering some colour. Remove pan from heat.
6. Transfer bacon into a large frying pan adding the minced garlic and frozen pre-cooked shrimp or prawns. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often until the bacon is golden and crisp.
7. Drain pasta and mix with bacon and garlic.
8. Quickly add the whipping cream. Once it begins to boil and thicken, take off the heat and add beaten egg yolks quickly tossing to incorporate everything.
9. Place on a large serving platter sprinkling the parmesan on top.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site