- prep time 0 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 100
3 lb. of fresh spinach, rinsed, chopped and strained well
2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
2 red onions, finely chopped
1 ½ Tbsp pepper
1 tsp salt
16 oz feta cheese, crumbled (add more if preferred)
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 ½ cup vegetable oil
1 lb. phyllo pastryFolding
1. In a large mixing bowl add spinach, parsley, dill, onions, pepper, salt and feta. Use hands and mix together.
2. Add eggs and mix well.Folding
1. Unwrap phyllo carefully, and use a sharp knife to cut into strips 2 ½-inches wide.
2. Use damp towel to keep phyllo covered while you work as it is delicate and will dry out quickly.
3. Use two pieces of phyllo for each triangle.
4. Lightly brush strips with oil and add 1 heaping tablespoon of filling 1-inch from the end closest to you.
5. Fold the bottom right corner over the filling to the left edge to form a triangle.
6. Fold the triangle up, bringing the point at the bottom left to rest along the left edge.
7. Turn the lower left corner over to touch the right.
8. Continue turning the triangle over in this manner until you reach the end of the phyllo.
9. Repeat folding steps until you have desired number of spanakopitas (you can save extra filling in the fridge for up to three days).
10. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
11. Poke 3-4 holes in each spanakopita to allow air to release, and lightly brush the tops with oil.
12. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
13. Note: best served with Tzatziki for dipping.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site