Strawberry-Arugula Salad with Warm Pistachio-Crusted Goat Cheese and Strawberry Vinaigrette
- prep time 75 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 4 servings
4 cups (1 L) arugula
2 Belgian endives, finely chopped
1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries, quartered
½ cup (125 mL) sun-dried strawberries, finely chopped
½ cup (125 mL) Strawberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe)Strawberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries
2 shallots, minced
6 fresh basil leaves
juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
¼ cup (60 mL) white balsamic vinegar
¾ cup (175 mL) extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepperPistachio-Encrusted Goat Cheese
1 log (5 oz/130 g) goat's cheese, cut crosswise into 4 medallions
½ cup (125 mL) shelled pistachio nuts, finely crushed
1 tablespoon (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1. Gently toss together arugula, endive, fresh and dried strawberries. Dress with strawberry vinaigrette just before serving and divide among 4 chilled salad plates. Set aside.Strawberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. In a blender, puree until smooth strawberries, shallots, basil, lemon juice and zest and vinegar, then slowly drizzle in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.Pistachio-Encrusted Goat Cheese
1. Lightly coat all sides of cheese medallions with pistachio nuts. Set aside.
2. In a skillet set over medium heat, add oil and swirl to coat.
3. Add goat cheese and pan sear until light golden brown, about 2 minutes, gently turn over, and cook other side until golden, about 2 minutes more, then top each salad with a medallion. Serve immediately.