Sugar Cookie French Fries
- prep time75 min
- total time 85 min
- serves 0
All's not what it appears to be! These "French fries" are actually sugar cookies. Try them yourself today!
1 ¼ cup unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 ½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour mixture and blend until combined.
4. Remove dough from mixer, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for half an hour.
5. Once chilled, divide dough into 2 parts. Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until it’s approximately 1 centimeter thick. Chill sheets of dough for half an hour.
6. Once chilled, remove top sheet of parchment cut into strips of difference lengths to resemble French fries. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. To serve, sprinkle with sugar to resemble salt and use buttercream icing dyed with red food coloring to resemble ketchup.