Sweet and Savoury Nuts
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
⅓ cup sugar (75 ml)
¾ teaspoon cayenne (3 ml)
½ teaspoon salt (2 ml)
⅓ teaspoon coriander (2 ml)
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (1 ml)
⅛ teaspoon ground all spice (.5 ml)
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons vegetable oil (10 ml)
1 cup pecan halves (250 ml)
1 cup roasted almonds (250 ml)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 300 F.
3. In a bowl mix sugar, cayenne, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and all spice.
4. Whisk in egg white and vegetable oil. Stir in pecan halves, and roasted almonds. Spread nuts in a single layer over a parchment paper lined baking cookie sheet. Bake in oven, stirring frequently to ensure sugar mixture evenly coats nuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. When golden, take nuts out of the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. Loosen them from the parchment paper if they are stuck and allow to cool completely.
6. Serve and enjoy. Store them in an air-tight container and in a cool place.