Sweet Potato Blintzes
- prep time 0 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 24
4 Blintz Crepes
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups flour
1 ¾ cups waterSweet Potato Filling
16 ounces package of dry cottage cheese
1 tablespoon margarine, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 ½ cups sweet potato, boiled and mashed
1 handful walnuts, roughly choppedAssembly
1. Beat eggs, vegetable oil and salt together in a mixer on low speed.
2. Add flour and water, alternating ¼ cup at a time.
3. Place frying pan on medium high heat.
4. Pour 2-ounces of batter into the center of the pan and lift off the heat, swirling the batter around to coat the pan evenly.
5. Return pan to heat and cook crepes for 3 minutes, until edges turn light brown.
6. Gently loosen edges of crêpe with a spatula and flip crepe over in pan.
7. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack and set aside.Sweet Potato Filling
1. Beat all ingredients (except walnuts) together in a mixer on low speed.
2. Add walnuts and stir in by hand.Assembly
1. Place 1 tablespoon of filling on each crepe.
2. Roll up (like a burrito), tucking in sides.
3. Brown each blintz lightly in frying pan on both sides.
4. Serve with sour cream and fresh fruit or compote.