T.B.Q. Pulled Pork
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
5 pounds bone-in pork butt or shoulder with fat
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 tablespoons rib rub (Tunnel Bar-B-Que Back rib rub recommended)
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Massage meat with liquid smoke.
2. Mix rib rub, coarse sea salt and brown sugar together. Then rub seasoning mixture all over the meat.
3. Place on a pan and cover tight with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for approximately one to two hours covered tight.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove meat from fridge and wrap with waxed paper until sealed tight followed by a layer of foil.
6. Place meat in oven for approximately ten to twelve hours. Probe the meat with a thermometer. When meat is done temperature should be 170 degrees Fahrenheit to 185 degrees Fahrenheit in the centre.
7. Using two forks pull the meat from the bone and place on a tray to cool.