The Big Egg Monte Cristo
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 2
This panko crusted Monte Cristo is an indulgent dish by Gal Buchanon and Elizabeth Morehead of the Big Egg.
¼ cup cream
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground cardamom
Pinch of salt
Zest of half a lemonMonte Cristo
4 piece of thick cut brioche bread
4 oz Black Forest ham, sliced thin
3 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
Pure maple syrup
1. Whisk all batter ingredients together until blended.Monte Cristo
1. Dip bread in batter and cover all sides. Put Panko bread crumbs on a plate and coat bread in Panko.
2. Add butter to a pan on medium/high heat to melt and place coated bread in the pan.
3. Pour maple syrup on each piece of French Toast.
4. Crumble Gorgonzola cheese on one piece of French Toast per sandwich.
5. Grill of Black Forest Ham (sliced thin) and place on top of the cheese.
6. Fry up an egg any style and place on top of the ham.
7. Put the other piece of French Toast on top of the ham and dust with powdered sugar.