The Big Egg Monte Cristo
- prep time 10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 2
¼ cup cream
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Pinch of salt
Zest of half a lemonMonte Cristo
4 pieces of thick cut brioche bread
4 ounces Black Forest ham, sliced thin
3 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
Pure maple syrup
1. Whisk all batter ingredients together until blended.Monte Cristo
1. Dip bread in batter and cover all sides. Put Panko bread crumbs on a plate and coat bread in Panko.
2. Add butter to a pan on medium/high heat to melt and place coated bread in the pan. Once it is golden brown, add more butter and flip the bread over. Remove from pan once golden brown.
3. Pour maple syrup on each piece of French Toast.
4. Crumble Gorgonzola cheese on one piece of French Toast per sandwich.
5. Grill of Black Forest Ham (sliced thin) and place on top of the cheese.
6. Fry up an egg any style and place on top of the ham.
7. Put the other piece of French Toast on top of the ham and dust with powdered sugar.