- serves 4-6
A healthy, filling scramble with sliced zucchini, roasted red peppers, tofu, garlic and turmeric. Yum!
Equipment needed: Food processor, cheesecloth.
Courtesy of Rachel Zottenberg of The Rumpus Room
½ zucchini, thinly sliced
1 roasted red pepper, choppedVegan Scramble
12 oz extra firm tofu
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp freshly minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan over medium heat cook and stir zucchini and roasted red pepper for 5 minutes.
2. Set aside.Vegan Scramble
1. In food processor, puree the tofu until smooth.
2. Line colander or sieve with cheesecloth.
3. Using the lined colander or sieve, pour tofu out of food processor and drain as much liquid as possible.
4. Return tofu to food processor; add nutritional yeast, turmeric, and minced garlic and mix.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high.
6. Add tofu mixture and sautéed vegetables to pan. Stir and cook until the mixture begins to crumble and look similar to scrambled eggs.
7. Remove from pan and serve.