Celebrate the start of Hannukah with this delicious latke recipe. These classic potato latkes are absolutely addictive so you should probably make a double batch!
Mini Potato Latkes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 ounces smoked trout
1/4 cup crème fraiche
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chopped chives
- Using a food processor or box grater, coarsely grate potatoes and onion. Place in a sieve and squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry in batches, adding 2 Tablespoons potato mixture per latke, spreading to flatten. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and edges are crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Garnish latkes with a little smoked trout, dollop of crème fraiche and a sprinkle of chives.
- For easy entertaining, fry latkes up to 8 hours in advance of serving. Store refrigerated and reheat in 400°F oven for about 5 minutes.
- Substitute sour cream for crème fraiche if desired.
Amanda Riva is the host of The Hot Plate, a free online cooking show dedicated to inspiring culinary confidence in new cooks. The Hot Plate also offers regular cooking tips and advice, how-tos, and information on seasonal ingredients.
Amanda Riva is part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.