- prep time1 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
Creamy risotto with crisp and nutty asparagus.
1 large bunch of asparagus
1 small onion (chopped)
¼ cup butter
2 cup Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice
½ cup white wine
4 ½ cup hot chicken stock approximately
1 ½ cup grated Parmiggiano Reggiano,
Salt and Pepper
1. Place rack in centre of oven. Pre-heat oven to broil.
2. Cut asparagus in sections. Place asparagus on a grill and add oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill in oven 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
3. In a saucepan, soften onions in butter without browning. Add rice and cook 1 minute at medium heat while stirring to coat rice with butter. Deglaze with wine and reduce until liquid evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add ½ cup (125 ml) of chicken stock at a time and cook while stirring frequently until liquid is almost completely absorbed. Repeat process until stock is entirely incorporated and the rice is tender.
5. Add asparagus and continue cooking for 2 minutes while stirring.
6. Remove from heat. Add cheese and mix until melted. Rectify seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.