Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- prep time10 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 4
A delicious salad of asparagus and red onion pickled in lemon juice from Roger Mooking.
¼ red onion, julienned
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¼ tsp salt
1 bunch asparagus, bottoms trimmed, stalks and tips separated and lightly blanched
1 heads Boston lettuce, washed, dried and roughly chopped
¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
1. Place red onions, lemon zest and salt in a bowl, wait for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse onions and lemon zest, pat dry.
3. Add lemon juice, rinsed onions and lemon zest to a large bowl and toss.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus stalks into ribbons, roughly chop remaining centre pieces and add to bowl with onions.
5. Place remaining ingredients in the bowl, toss and serve immediately.