Bacon Butter Tarts
- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 18
It might sound strange at first, but this combo of salty bacon and sweet butter tart is a match made in Canuck heaven.
Scroll down to watch how to make this recipe.
Premade pastry, cut into 3 1/2-inch circles
5 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
¼ cup soft butter
½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Line 18 medium sized muffin tins with the pastry. Do not prick.
3. In bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir in corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Combine until just blended.
4. Arrange cooked bacon in the shells.
5. Spoon mixture into unbaked tart shells filling each to about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Do not allow filling to bubble over.