Balsamic Marinated Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Mushrooms and Baked Camembert with Herb Oil
- prep time60 min
- total time 180 min
- serves 4
This delicious dish from Roger Mooking is best when you give the beef a full 24 hours to marinate.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
5 clove garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp black pepper
4 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
½ cup olive oil
1 2 ½ - 3 lb beef, eye of roundMashed Potatoes
3 lb(s) pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
¼ cup cup butter
2 Tbsp tablespoon olive oil
3 Tbsp tablespoon potato water
saltBaked Camembert and Herb Oil
1 10 oz ounce wheel of Camembert, cut in half through center
1 Tbsp tablespoon rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp tablespoon thyme
2 Tbsp tablespoon marjoram
1 tsp teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup cup olive oilSautéed Mushrooms
2 Tbsp tablespoon Herb Oil from Baked Camembert recipe
1 tsp teaspoon butter
1 lb(s) pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
salt and pepperAssembly
1. Place balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic and black pepper in a small sauté pan over medium to high heat and reduce for 1-2 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat, stir in rosemary and olive oil, allow to cool.
3. Place Balsamic Marinade in a baking pan, place beef in pan and coat with hands.
4. Place in fridge to marinate for a minimum of half an hour, maximum 24 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350F and remove marinated beef from fridge.
6. Place in oven for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour until cooked medium rare with an internal temperature between 130F and 140F.
7. Remove beef from oven and allow beef to rest before slicing.Mashed Potatoes
1. Cook potatoes in heavily salted water until tender.
2. Drain potatoes, reserving 3 tablespoons of the water and place back into the pot and mash or rice potatoes.
3. Place, butter, olive oil reserved potato water and salt in pot, gently fold until incorporated.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.Baked Camembert and Herb Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking dish, or sauté pan with parchment paper.
2. Place all ingredients, except Camembert, in a bowl, mix to incorporate.
3. Place bottom half of Camembert on parchment paper.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Herb Oil in center of Camembert, place top ½ on and pour 1 tablespoon over.
5. Place in oven until Camembert has melted, approximately10 minutes.Sautéed Mushrooms
1. Place remaining Herb Oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium to high heat.
2. Place mushrooms in pan, sauté until slightly caramelized.
3. Season with salt and pepper then remove from heat.Assembly
1. To serve, place Roast Beef and Mashed Potatoes on plate, spoon Sautéed Mushrooms and Baked Camembert over meat and potatoes.