- prep time30 min
- total time 105 min
- serves 12
Even meat-eaters will love this vegan burger created by Tomas Sohlberg of Boon Burger Cafe.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
¼ cup vegetable bouillon
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp turmeric
1 tsp chili flakes
¼ cup tomato paste
2 Tbsp water
2 540 mL can chickpeas, drained
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup potato crumbs (or bread crumbs)
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ cup fresh cilantro, choppedBombay Talkie Burger
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, bouillon, cumin, curry powder, turmeric, chili flakes, tomato paste and water into a pot on medium heat.
3. Saute for approximately 45 minutes, stir often.
4. Take pot off heat and add chickpeas, salt, lemon juice, cooked brown rice, potato crumbs, brown rice flour and cilantro. Mix well.
5. Process 3 cups of mixture in food processor.
6. Mix processed mixture back into the rest of the burger mix. This becomes the ‘glue’ that holds everything together.
7. Scoop out the mixture and place on cookie sheets with oiled parchment paper.
8. Gently press down the scoops to create round patties.
9. Place in oven for approximately 30 minutes flipping patties half way.
10. Serve burgers right out of the oven or reheat on a Panini press.Bombay Talkie Burger
1. Spread sweet tangy Bombay sauce (mayo, ketchup, garlic, BBQ sauce, mustard), roasted yams, smoky bacun (vegetarian bacon), daiya cheddar (dairy free), tomatoes, red onions, and lettuce.