Cranberry Lime Bars
- prep time1 min
- total time 12 min
- serves 12
Try this delicious dessert bar made with a cranberry vanilla base and topped with a citrus lime curd.
375 mL (1 1/2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
2 ½ mL (1/2 teaspoon) salt
125 mL (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
75 mL (1/3 cup) sugar
2 ½ mL (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
60 mL (1/4 cup) dried cranberries, coarsely choppedFor the Lime Curd
125 mL (1/2 cup) sugar
Grated zest of 2 limes
125 mL (1/2 cup) lime juice
60 mL (1/4 cup) 35% cream
60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line an 18 x 28-cm (7 x 11-inch) cake pan with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over 2 opposite sides.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients and cranberries. Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake until light golden brown, about 25 minutes.For the Lime Curd
1. In a saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients. Cook while whisking constantly, until mixture thickens. Pour onto the crust. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Unmould and cut into 12 bars.